Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our school community.
Parents or Caregivers wishing to enroll their children at St Therese School need to complete an enrolment form. Please contact the school office on [email protected] or telephone 09 620 9441 to request an enrolment pack. (Printable enrolment forms are available through the links below.)
When submitting an enrolment form, parents must also provide the school with the following:
- copy of the child’s birth certificate (or Passport)
- current Immunisation Certificate (or copy of immunization information from your child’s Well Health book)
- completed Preference of Enrolment Certificate – this must be signed by a Catholic Priest and stamped with their parish stamp
- baptismal certificate required if you are enrolling under Criteria 5.1
Definition of Preference and Non Preference
There are two types of enrolments at state integrated schools like ours – “preference enrolments” and “non-preference enrolments” Only after all preference (Catholic) students seeking entry have been enrolled, and then only if the total roll is still less than the maximum specified in our Integration Agreement, can the Board consider non-preference (not Catholic) students up to a maximum 5% of the total school roll.
Applying for preference enrolment is not a guarantee of acceptance. The decision whether to grant a preference enrolment is made by either the Parish Priest, or their delegated representative, using the mandated criteria below:
1. The child has been baptised, or is being prepared for Baptism, in the Catholic Church.
2. The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
3. At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
4. With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child’s upbringing, undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5. One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
State integrated schools may also have limited places for non-preference students as described in Definition of Preference and Non-Preference above.
a. The applicants accept that they will be attending a school of Catholic character and that their place in the school is conditional on their participation in the programme and ethos of the school.
b. The applicants accept that they will be required to pay attendance dues as set by the
Proprietor and these are not voluntary.
c. Assuming the conditions of Note A above has been met, the Board will use the following priority order for enrolling non-preference applicants:
i. The siblings of non-preference students already in the school.
ii. Siblings of former non-preference students.
iii. The children of staff or Board members who seek to enrol their children.
iv. Non-preference students coming from another integrated school with the same Catholic character.
v. All other applicants.
d. Where there are more applicants than places available within the same priority category, they will be accepted in order of the date and time the pre-enrolments form was received. If pre-enrolment dates are the same, allocation will be via ballot.
e. Non-preference students who cannot be enrolled immediately, may choose to be placed on a waiting list sorted in order of the priority conditions described above. Students on this list are wait listed by date and number and will be contacted if places become available.
Parents and caregivers of those applicants on the waiting list will be notified when and if places become available for their child. Parents and caregivers will then have seven days to confirm their enrolment. If no confirmation is received the applicant will be removed from the waiting list and the position may be offered to the next priority student.
Enrolment information is also available in hard copy from the school Office.
The Board of Trustees delegates the authority to administer this policy to the Principal.
All applications will be considered by the School Leadership Team and Parish Priest.